Let's 'stay sharp' in Kamloops South Thompson ...

... elect Peter Sharp BC Conservative MLA


Tuesday 7 May 2013

"I challenge my fellow Kamloops - South Thompson candidates, Todd Stone and Tom Friedman, to make the same clear and unambiguous statement!"

Today my campaign team and I put together the following Media Release, which was sent out to radio, newspaper, and TV here in Kamloops.

The voters of Kamloops - South Thompson will soon make their choice for MLA.  But who will stand up for the best interests of this riding?  
 
Will it be Liberal Todd Stone voting with the docile herd according to the direction of the party whips?  Or NDP Tom Friedman, tied to a party beholden to big union interests?  Or a clear alternative; Peter Sharp of the BC Conservatives. 
 
"Kamloops South needs an MLA who will speak his mind, and represent the best interests of the voters who have elected him -- even if that runs counter to the stated position of the party." stated Kamloops - South Thompson BC Conservative candidate Peter Sharp. 
 
"I have personally received an assurance from party leader John Cummins, while in Kamloops, that he expects his MLA’s to vote according to their constituents wishes." Sharp continued.
 
John Cummins is also on the record (Vancouver Sun - May 3) saying: “You put your constituents ahead of the party. Manning used to tell us that. It’s the folks at home that elect you. You’ve got to put their interests ahead of the party.  I believed that; I still do.” 
 
Continued Sharp, "The position my party takes is clear; you should have Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLA's) who listen to you, first and foremost.  I have a leader who backs that up 100 percent."

"I challenge my fellow Kamloops - South Thompson candidates, Todd Stone and Tom Friedman, to make the same clear and unambiguous  statement!"
 
"The voters of Kamloops - South Thompson deserve to know that when it comes to important issues like the Ajax Mine, the Pacific Carbon Trust and the Carbon Tax, and over-all on taxation and government spending, that if elected, you will be speaking for them!" 
 
"Are you able to do that, or will you be required to do as you are told by Christy Clark and Adrian Dix?", Kamloops - South Thompson BC Conservative candidate Peter Sharp concluded.
 
As an experienced elected Kamloops councillor, Peter Sharp has what it takes -- as well as the authority --  to make sure those in Victoria know what Kamloops South voters wish to see happen.
Let's 'stay sharp' Kamloops.
 
I'm Peter Sharp -- I'm a BC Conservative -- and I BELIEVE in BC!

No comments:

Post a Comment